Hayward Power-Flo Matrix water bonding question

ref2335

May 27, 2023
Wisconsin
I’ve had an AGP for about 6 yrs. At the time of install the local building/electrical inspector required my electrician to ensure the water of the pool is bonded by use of a typical copper wire buried around the pool and connected to a stainless steel line that is in contact with the water in my pump. In order to do this the electrician used a product that has a SS winding the fits under the pump basket and has an end that comes out the drain line. In order to seal it the product comes with a compression nut that is supposed to seal things up. In practice the thing has always leaked, either from the compression around the SS wire or from the plug itself because the threads aren’t deep enough to thread into the drain plug hole.

My question, good TFP folks, can anyone recommend a good product that will enable me to properly bond according to local building/electrical code?

Thanks!

FWIW I have a power-flo matrix W3SP15932S/SP1514Z2S4EC

There are many options on the market to create a Pool Water Bond, Most will require some plumbing adjustments. The code, 2014 NEC® to section 680.26(C) required 9 square inches shall be installed in contact with the pool water.
104-D-New-Install-2-Inline-Zinc-Anode

Pool Tool Company - 104-D New Install 2" Inline Zinc Anode

Perma-Cast-Water-Bonding-Fitting-Perma-Cast-Skimmer-Mount-2MPT

Perma Cast Water Bonding Fitting, Perma Cast, Skimmer Mount, 2"MPT

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.