Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Pump (Model SP15921) Worked for 2 hours and Now just Hums when you turn on the Switch (Centrifugal Switch Stuck OPEN?)

Theyid

May 29, 2023
Philadelphia, PA
My Above Ground Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Pump (Model SP15921) worked for three hours yesterday (May 28th) and now just hums when you turn it on.
Looking at the Hayward Manual it states in the Troubleshooting section that the cause may be the Centrifugal Switch is stuck OPEN but nowhere is the manual does it show the centrifugal switch. The pump is only 13 months old but warranty only 12 months. Help!!!

@Theyid , were you able to get any sort of resolution to this?

I am having the exact same problem with my Hayward pump model SP15931. It started up perfectly the first two times. Starting the third time I powered it on, the pump hums but the motor does not start. It does this anytime I power on the pump after it's been shut off more than a couple minutes. To get the motor to start I have to unscrew and open the back plate, and turn the motor with the flathead screw plate at the same moment I turn the power switch to ON.

I submitted a message to Hayward over a week ago, and called them Wednesday of last week. I am still waiting to be contacted by a technician and am getting annoyed with Hayward's customer service. If you could update what happened in your case I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.