Hayward Poolvergnuegen The PoolCleaner

May 19, 2017
Lake Worth, FL
Is this any good?? It shows on sale for $261 on Amazon (vs normally $411)

71PETUTLDQL._SX355_.jpg

Link: https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-Pool...scsubtag=e09cf3445ff711e7bf74e61b785c285b0INT

A limited edition 2 wheel suction automatic pool cleaner. This cleaner features self adjusting turbine vanes which helps to maximizes the power from the water flow. This turbine is similar to a paddle wheel with blades that are adjustable. This feature allows it to still move at low suction and low pressure. In addition the folding vanes of the turbine allow for the easy passage of larger debris through the cleaner. The cleaner has steering system that causes the left wheel to periodically reverse, allowing the pool cleaner to turn and then move into another direction. It also contains robust tire treads that gives the pool cleaner better climbing ability and obstacle maneuverability. The tires come with tread wear markers that show you when to replace your tires. This makes the it ideal for all pool surfaces and shapes. The pool cleaner has patented adjustable skirt that allow the cleaner to maintain optimal suction under the machine even when it encounters obstacles. When it encounters an obstacle one (or more) of the skirts will lift up (adjust) over the obstacle while maintaining suction under the cleaner. Available in dark gray color.

I was considering it when I was buying a suction side cleaner, had read a lot of good reviews, seems easy to do maintenance on and repair. I chose the Zodiac Baracuda MX8 Elite in the end because I wanted the scrubbing feature, but the Hayward was and a similar Pentair one were close 2nds.

Just make sure you set it up correctly, seems like a good chunk of the negative reviews of suction side cleaners are from people running them with too much or too little water flow.

I have had one for 3 years now, I run it 10 months a year in the pool, I do not take it out except to help other pools... It has helped clear 2 green pools...

no parts needed yet, but if something does become broken all the parts can be replaced...

On one of the pools it sucked up a sock full of CYA, went completely though the top suction port... took it apart, removed the sock and put it back together, still working a month later :)

This is a very well known and highly rated cleaner. Ive tried one and it worked quite well.

An alternative would be the MX8 elite, like the poster above I went with the MX8 elite because of the scrubbers.

UD

I have one and it's worked well. It's 3 years old and I just started having issues with it. It goes a little bit and stops for awhile. Over and over. I opened it up. Nothing looks damaged. It's not a suction problem. And noting is jammed. Any thoughts?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When I first got mine, the internal paddles kept getting jammed up with small pieces of sand ... that never happens any more. I think the parts just needed to "loosen up" a bit.

Works great and has the lowest required flow rate of any suction cleaner, meaning I can divert more to my skimmer and still run the cleaner (dedicated wall port).

Been using The Pool Cleaner for two years now. Works great and no problems. Much better than my old Polaris. I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

Just got ours a couple of weeks ago, works great. Agree with Jason, needs very little suction to move around - less than the Nav needed. I like that it doesn't spend a lot of time deciding whether to turn around or back up when it gets in a corner. And it goes into the shallow end happily and regularly. Nice vac.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.