Hayward Pool Pump Noise

The sound seems to be mostly from the rear of the casing right? Interesting it took a couple days to finally do that. Perhaps some very minor changes in clearance from cold weather and then heat from the motor. Curious, when you closed for the winter, did you remove the pump and store indoors somewhere?

Yes, it does appear to be mostly from the rear. I was wondering if it was the cooling fan, but it seems too loud for that. I did not remove it for the winter. While I open the pool myself, I have a company close the pool for me. The pumps are "hard wired" so removing them for the winter would mean removing electrical connections etc.

I did not remove it for the winter
Perhaps some post-winter contraction & expanding once you got it running again. Probably doesn't take much. If it continues, maybe disconnection power and remove the backing just to see if something obvious sticks out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.