Hayward Pool Drain Covers

boston62

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
Pool Size
I want to replace my covers with a more flatter cover, my pool has 2 on the bottom of main pool and 2 on attached spa, i removed the one from spa to look for manufacturing numbers, the drain from spay had SP 1048E, do you think the covers in the pool section would be the same? I didn't want to dive down 8 ft to remove one from pool section. Thasnk you

My cleaner gets hung up on the ones i have now....

No telling if your builder used the same cover or something different.

I want to replace my covers with a more flatter cover, my pool has 2 on the bottom of main pool and 2 on attached spa, i removed the one from spa to look for manufacturing numbers, the drain from spay had SP 1048E, do you think the covers in the pool section would be the same? I didn't want to dive down 8 ft to remove one from pool section. Thank you

thanks for the info, the covers were all the same, i ordered new ones from Amazon. Thank you...

I want to replace my covers with a more flatter cover, my pool has 2 on the bottom of main pool and 2 on attached spa, i removed the one from spa to look for manufacturing numbers, the drain from spay had SP 1048E, do you think the covers in the pool section would be the same? I didn't want to dive down 8 ft to remove one from pool section. Thasnk you

Which cover did you go with and has it made any difference?
Seems the newer cover has dozens of holes vs the older cover with wide rectangular slots along top of the outer edge (two main drains due to code at the time)..

Cleaner getting hung up with inground main drain here as well, using 18 y/o dual SP1048's. Replacing liner and doing a few updates, hoping a different hayward drain cover would help.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.