Hayward OnCommand

Keithb

Sep 28, 2014
Wharton County, Texas
We have the Hayward OnCommand and Hayward VS pump. We started getting a communications error & I could not get it resolved quick enough before being gone from home so I moved my water feature pump (non-variable speed) to the pool filter & chlorinator to turn the water over.

Is there a way to disable the VS in the system & just set a start/stop time on this other pump? Right now it’s on Aux1, but was wondering if I could move it connectivity wise to the VS spot in the controller but disable the VS altogether until I get that resolved. I didn’t see any timer options for Aux1.

Any suggestions or ideas? Also need to figure out my comm issue, which has lead me to a keypad or main board issue.

We have the Hayward OnCommand and Hayward VS pump. We started getting a communications error & I could not get it resolved quick enough before being gone from home so I moved my water feature pump (non-variable speed) to the pool filter & chlorinator to turn the water over.

Is there a way to disable the VS in the system & just set a start/stop time on this other pump? Right now it’s on Aux1, but was wondering if I could move it connectivity wise to the VS spot in the controller but disable the VS altogether until I get that resolved. I didn’t see any timer options for Aux1.

Any suggestions or ideas? Also need to figure out my comm issue, which has lead me to a keypad or main board issue.
Hook the single-speed pump to relay 1. In the configuration menu change pump type. In schedules set one for the pump. Or, just set a schedule for Aux1 and turn the breaker for the VSP off until you can resolve the problem.

As a followup, all of the troubleshooting lead to the communications wire or the board itself. I decided to check voltages on the relays and was only getting 120v. I checked the breaker and only got 120v there as well. It ended up being a bad breaker causing the Comm error only proviidng 120v instead of 240v.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.