Hayward OmniLogic Intermatic deck light system half lit.

Caligator

In The Industry
Nov 16, 2023
Carlsbad, CA
I have a Hayward OmniLogic InterMatic deck light system controlled by my Hayward app and the controls on the main system on the side of the house. Below the main system I have two boxes marked Pool lights and Deck lights - further away I have two 4 port Pool-Spa Junction boxes. The problem is, initially, all the deck lights worked. There are 15 puck lights and a couple stair lights. When I turn on the deck lights on the app or the system panel, I hear a clunk. All the lights come on. That lasted about a week. Then all of a sudden when I turn them on I hear a softer clunk and only the first group of light closest to the panel system come on. I will not light the other half. That may last a day or two, especially if I'm comntinually testing it. But if I leave it alone for a day. All the lights come back on? There is no logic for when they all or are half lit. I have only had the pool and lighting system for about two months. There are a couple time when I turned on the deck lights, the whole system lit up for a second or two and then clicked (clunk heard) as it shut down to just the first half of lights. Has anyone has this experience?

Welcome to TFP.

Show us pictures of your various boxes you a e describing and the wiring.

Do you know which box the relay clunks are coming from?

All the light cam on today in the afternoon. Who knows how long they will stay on. The first image is the box where I hear a clunk when the lights come on. The second image is some sort of InterMatic relay?

Attachments

• IMG_2706.JPG
    IMG_2706.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2709.JPG
    IMG_2709.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 7
The Hayward boxes look like Hayward SmartPower Transformers. They provide 4 zones of lights using relays. The clunks are the relays in the box working or not working.

See if this manual helps you figure out your problem...

The black Intermatic boxes are pool light junction boxes. They are passive boxes used to connect the wiring from the pool lights to the outside wiring.

12082_pjb4175-a.jpg

They were all working for a dew days after I noticed the wire nut had melted and the connection was compromised. I re-stripped the wires and connected them and added a new wire nut. It just rained last night and now only half the lights come on again?