Hayward OmniLogic Controller Firmware update

CarolD

Jul 21, 2018
Richmond, TX
I recently noticed a message on my OmniLogic control app telling me that I need to apply a critical over the air update. This would be the first I have ever done, as all the others have been handled by my equipment technician when he was already out doing something else. I backed up the system to USB as instructed, and after turning the system back on I pressed the alarm button. The update was not there, and it said there were no alarms, and no firmware to update. I am still getting the message on the app on my phone. Did anyone out there running OmniLogic notice this message and actually install the firmware? Can you tell me what the MSP version is? I am 4.4.1xxxxxxx.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Looks like 4.8.1 is the latest….

IMG_1052.png

I recently noticed a message on my OmniLogic control app telling me that I need to apply a critical over the air update. This would be the first I have ever done, as all the others have been handled by my equipment technician when he was already out doing something else. I backed up the system to USB as instructed, and after turning the system back on I pressed the alarm button. The update was not there, and it said there were no alarms, and no firmware to update. I am still getting the message on the app on my phone. Did anyone out there running OmniLogic notice this message and actually install the firmware? Can you tell me what the MSP version is? I am 4.4.1xxxxxxx.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Did you have success with the upgrade. I had the same issue, no update showing up, no alarm so I downloaded the update to a flash drive but I am still having issues - not seeing the MSP as selectable for update.

I currently have Omni 4.11.0 and also received the message on the app to update by September 5.

I also tried to update thru the Omni board and received a no update available message. I'm planning to ignore the warning and see what happens.

I currently have Omni 4.11.0 and also received the message on the app to update by September 5.

I also tried to update thru the Omni board and received a no update available message. I'm planning to ignore the warning and see what happens.
To be clear, once I saw the no update availabe via the internet, I went to the Hayward site and downloaded the update to a flash drive. However after I insert the flash drive and tell it to update from USB Flash Drive, it brings me to a screen that does not show the MSP (Main System Processor) as available for update. I know based on my current configuration that it is not up to date so I do not understand why I would not be able to see MSP or select MSP for update.

Me too. App says 4.11, no alert on the box. Im trying to update in service mode, but “looking for update” returns that there is a connection or time setting issue. My box is hardwired to the Internet and passes diagnostics, and the clock is set automatically and appears accurate.

I don’t even see a USB port.

Me too. App says 4.11, no alert on the box. Im trying to update in service mode, but “looking for update” returns that there is a connection or time setting issue. My box is hardwired to the Internet and passes diagnostics, and the clock is set automatically and appears accurate.

I don’t even see a USB port.
Hi @ryalut. To be clear, I am certain your app says the app release is 4.11, not your MSP. Several other members like @mikegross99 have had similar issues with OTA. I have had these issues, persistently, for 1.5 years. Omni would not connect to the upgrade server, and as a result would both not provide update notifications or allow me to update OTA. The red banner about September 5 was not the normal update notification that others get, and I assume Hayward knows there is (or was) an OTA issue which drove them to issue the red banner so everyone would get the notice. In a separate post I mentioned that I used the USB update method (USB is on the bottom of the Omni wired control panel if using Omni PL). Now at 4.8.1, it appears that my Omni will communicate with the firmware server.

So, if you have the commonly reported OTA issue, using Omni to look for the update won’t do anything until your OTA issue is resolved. Perhaps USB update to 4.8.1 will help you get there.

Reactions: mikegross99
To be clear, once I saw the no update availabe via the internet, I went to the Hayward site and downloaded the update to a flash drive. However after I insert the flash drive and tell it to update from USB Flash Drive, it brings me to a screen that does not show the MSP (Main System Processor) as available for update. I know based on my current configuration that it is not up to date so I do not understand why I would not be able to see MSP or select MSP for update.
Update: what was referred to as MSP in my current configuration is now referred to as OmniPl. I select OmniPL during update and it updated without an issue.

Sorry for the late reply and info...turns out the reason I didn't see the update was because my pool repair guy, who did the previous upgrade, left a USB drive in the slot. So when it looked for an upgrade, it was looking at the USB drive, not the Internet. I removed the USB and then the upgrade appeared, yay! I was able to do the upgrade over the Internet without problem once the USB drive was removed.

Reactions: DoughertyCoolPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.