Hayward Multiport Valve

Jun 4, 2009
Folks,

I need some guidance. When my pump shuts off I hear a hissing sound in the multiport valve and water draining . My gut instinct is the spider gasket is done. The filter is a hayward S244t, the multipost valve is an SP0714TC and the spider gasket key/seal is SP0714C. The key seal has never been replaced and the unit is 10 years old. Now my conundrum is that I cannot find a SP0714C. I have come accross SPX0714CA which says replaces SP0714A, SP714A, SP0714CA. Does anyone know the correct replacement for SP0714C?

Thanks in advance,

RandyIMG_0422.jpg

The SPX0714CA is the replacement for the SP0714C.

Since you say that it's hissing, it sounds like you may have a suction side air leak somewhere. A hissing sound and water draining out of the filter is usually an indicator of that.

I do have a suction, went and put lube on all the gaskets. Have not run pump since doing so. I thought the hissing sound was a result of a bad spider gasket letting air back in through the backwash.

You might just need to lubricate the stem o-ring with some silicone lubricant.

If you need a new diverter, you can get the SPX714CA or you can get the whole top part SPX714BA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.