Hayward in-wall skimmer w/Aqua Critter (need 2nd pump?)

Mar 3, 2017
Chunchula, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all. I just recently bought another of the same Intex pools bc my older one got rusty after 5-ish years (and the pumps died, and the liner was bleached out, so new one serves). On my previous pool, I sized up on my existing pump, therefore I had the over the wall Intex skimmer attached to old/lesser power pump I rigged up, and then I ran my aqua critter on my regular intake on my bigger/newer sand pump. I pretty much left it connected all the time and it vacuumed to the leaf canister every time the pump ran.
On this new pool, I want to install the in wall Hayward skimmer, and I was hoping not to need to purchase a second pump this time.
If you have this set up, do you just run the critter occasionally, reconnecting it to the skimmer as needed? Roughly how often? Does that seem to do the job?
I liked how clean the pool was with critter running daily, but I’m guessing that’s not going to work w/in-wall skimmer bc then it would basically never be skimming, bc it would always be vacuuming instead.
Am I looking at this fully and correctly?
Is it either skimmer or critter if you only have 1 pump…or is there another option?

If you are talking about something like Wanda The Whale it comes with an adjustable valving device to control suction. I have the Penguin and it seems to work OK if it doesn't get knocked over by the return stream. I haven't had time to play with the return or cleaner to see how to stop it from being knocked over.

I do not have an intex pool but with the valve I can't see why it wouldn't work

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.