Hayward HP31204T w/ VSP and Omnilogic Control

collinsbj911

Jan 1, 2024
Goodyear, AZ
I have a Hayward Heat Pump connected to an Omnilogic Control Panel via 220V Breaker in the panel and QTY 2 two-wire control lines (One for Heat and one for Cool). My question is whether or not the Omnilogic Panel is smart enough to know that the pool temperature (Sensor Installed and Working) is below the set temperature and ultimately kick on the VSP and Heat Pump when heat is required. The current setup will only operate the heat pump when the VSP is on its normally scheduled program which means if I want heat, I have to run the VSP all day just to accommodate the heat pump when it decides it needs to heat. Seems like it would be pretty easy for the Omnilogic to control the on/off of both devices when certain conditions exist. I have looked at Interlocks and don't see an option for triggering off of Pool Temp Sensor lower (In Interlock Menu) than Software Set Temperature (Not In Interlock Menu). We could save a bunch of $$$ if we could trigger off of these two things. Thoughts? Methods to do this?

Thanks,

Brian

Nope. The VSP has to be running for the OmniLogic to decide if it should run the HP.

Nope. The VSP has to be running for the OmniLogic to decide if it should run the HP.
I understand from a Flow standpoint that OmniLogic has ensure the VSP is running before the HeatPump turns on, but you would think that since OmniLogic has all the right information, it could make a decisions based on temperatures and turn both the VSP on first and then the Heat Pump to accommodate a change in Temp. Guess I am just wishful thinking. If the integration with Alexa or Hubitat were better I could probably figure out a way to make an IFTT scenario to accomplish the same thing. Thanks for your reply, much appreciated!
Brian

The water sensor does not have an accurate temperature when no water is flowing through the pipe. The water sensor is at the equipment pad and not in the pool.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.