Hayward How to Delete MSP from Dashboard to enable Alexa Connectivity

chrisciano

In The Industry
Oct 13, 2019
Nj
Hey all. This is regarding the Hayward OmniHub System as it connects to Alexa.

I had an old OmniHub that became defective within the warranty period. So a Hayward rep came and replaced the part with a new MSP. However, the old MSP site still shows up in my dashboard as "inactive" alongside the new MSP which is now working fine. Unfortunately, this old MSP is the only one that Alexa recognizes, and there doesn't seem to be a way to have Alexa view the new MSP. In other words, when I ask Alexa any command related to the pool, she responds "Backyard" is offline. I even tried to rename the bad MSP so it showed up lower on the site list, but this did not help. Disabled and enabled the skill, and still nothing.

Does anyone know how to toggle between MSP's with Alexa? Or if there is a way to delete the old MSP from existence? Or any other workarounds?? I am truly stumped

Thanks in advance

Welcomes to TFP.

You are not the first to ask about that problem.

I think you need to contact Hayward to have them delete it off their server end.

We never seem to hear how these get resolved so I assume they eventually get to someone at Hayward to fix it.

FIXED!!! Thank you AJW, great recommendation to call Hayward. Ten minute call with Omni Tech support and they were able to delete it from their server while on the phone. Back to a fully integrated system

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.