Pool Challenged

Jul 26, 2023
Dothan Al.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hello, I am struggling with an issue where my chlorinator is turned off due to high salt/ high current. It is a Hayward gold line aqua plus with an aftermarket chlorinator. It was working great until lightning hit nearby. I was standing near the control box and pumps and also caught a little bit of the jolt in my foot. Screen indicates high salt/ high amps & chlorinator off. If I start immediately after turn on, I can get instant salt reading. It shows 1700 -1800 ppm. My salination tester indicates 2700ppm (closer to what I think it is). All fuses check good with a multimeter. The notorious bad solder connection on the relay was bad. I resoldered it but don’t feel satisfied with the rush job. Will probably redo it. It didn’t change anything. Is there something else I can do to possibly avoid spending $800 on a new control board? Thanks for any assistance.

Any luck? I’m having the same issue. Burned solder joint at relay as well. I disconnected the 2 orange wires and hooked them to the yellow wires in order to get 24v to the rectifiers. It works and amps are about 6.4. Before that amps were over 10 and it would shut down. I’ve ordered a new relay. I’ll let you know if that works.

I replaced the bad relay but still not working . The relay must not be getting 24v dc for it to switch. I decided to provide that 24v from the same relay that turns on the pump. It works, only problem is if the filter pump is running then the chlorinator is getting power. As long as there is water flow it should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.