Hayward HeatPro Control Panel Stuck at 104

cvillecuse

Mar 27, 2024
Central Virginia
I have a Hayward HeatPro HP21124T. Last night when we were in the spa, we noticed the water was getting kind of hot. I looked and the display showed 104, even though I had it set at 100.

None of the buttons do anything, I can't turn it off using the control panel, I can't set the temperature, change modes, etc. The display is completely frozen. There is one exception though, when I hold the mode button, it will switch over to bypass operation (bo) mode, but that is it. When I turn it off at the breaker, let it sit for a few minutes and then turn it back on, it shows the 100 degree setting, and then counts up to 104. It is running, the fan and compressor come on immediately instead of the three minute compressor delay, I can hear the compressor, and I can see the coils sweating. It is just that the control panel is completely frozen. One other thing that might be helpful, I have the pool pump set on a timer, and I am planning to automate the heater, but had been turning it on and off manually. The pump kicked off at 9PM, so the heater kicked off as well because of the flow sensor. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20240511_100416.jpg
    20240511_100416.jpg
    547.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Sounds like a problem in the keypad or control board. I don't think there is anything an average consumer can do to fix it. Parts for it are not generally available from Hayward to consumers.

I suggest you call Hayward Support and see how they direct you.

Let us know how it goes if you replace it with the part from eBay.