Hayward heater gas valve question. code IF failure

greg8989

May 31, 2021
ny
I need a replacement gas valve for my heater. I believe the part number is FDXLGSV0001. It costs about $300. I also found online a LP to natural gas conversion kit FDXLGCK1150PN for the heater that sells for less than $200 and appears to come with the valve, new outlet pipe and orifices. Anyone bought this kit or know if it is the correct valve?

Last edited:
I need a replacement gas valve for my heater. I believe the part number is FDXLGSV0001. It costs about $300. I also found online a LP to natural gas conversion kit FDXLGCK1150PN for the heater that sells for less than $200 and appears to come with the valve, new outlet pipe and orifices. Anyone bought this kit or know if it is the correct valve?
Propane and natural-gas valves are different. Can't use different fuel than what it calls for.
Same valve without Hayward's name on it:

Be sure the gasket on the supply pipe that you will have to swap is good and sealed well.

Propane and natural-gas valves are different. Can't use different fuel than what it calls for.
Same valve without Hayward's name on it:

Be sure the gasket on the supply pipe that you will have to swap is good and sealed well.
thanks for the reply. my question isnt about different fuels. Im using natural gas and im not changing. this kit just seems to come with the same valve at almost half the price. or am i wrong?

thanks for the reply. my question isnt about different fuels. Im using natural gas and im not changing. this kit just seems to come with the same valve at almost half the price. or am i wrong?
I misread what you were asking.
What size heater do you have? That kit is for a 150 and the valve is too small. The valve on this kit will handle up to a 400. Its OK to put it on a smaller heater.
FDXLGCK1400PN.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.