hartpw

Jul 8, 2023
Stafford, Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I did not mean to reset my OmniLogic board running a Hayward heat pump. When I checked the ohm reading on the wires that lead from the OmniLogic board, the heat pump starts. This does not happen when I do an ohm reading on the water pressure sensor wires. The wires that start the heat pump are screwed to the little panel that sits next to the water line in the first picture. I think the heat pump is no longer configured correctly. If possible, can anyone look at the pictures to tell me what I need to do to configure it correctly?

Attachments

• IMG_5809.jpeg
    IMG_5809.jpeg
    609.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5808.jpeg
    IMG_5808.jpeg
    518.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5815.jpeg
    IMG_5815.jpeg
    483.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5814.jpeg
    IMG_5814.jpeg
    483.9 KB · Views: 13
Use a multimeter continuity check on LVR1&2 and see if the relay opens and closes when you request heat on the OmniLogic.

When I do a continuity check, the heater starts up.
Remove the wires to the heat-pump and just check continuity on the terminals LV1-LV2 when the Omni logic calls for heat, nothing attached. That way you will know if the automation is actually closing the circuit. Your meter is being used to close the circuit and allow the heater to start. You're not actually checking continuity.

Reactions: hartpw
Remove the wires to the heat-pump and just check continuity on the terminals LV1-LV2 when the Omni logic calls for heat, nothing attached. That way you will know if the automation is actually closing the circuit. Your meter is being used to close the circuit and allow the heater to start. You're not actually checking continuity.
It never seems to call for heat, I have it set on 93 degrees and it always appears ready, even if the water temp is 85.

It never seems to call for heat, I have it set on 93 degrees and it always appears ready, even if the water temp is 85.
Oh, I haven't mentioned this in a while, the heater is indicating no flow. When bypassing (by connecting the water pressure sensor wires) the pressure sensor, the heater does not turn on, so I've ruled out the water pressure sensor as a failure point.

When the heater wires are connected to the LVR, the connectivity reads 129. When I test the relay without wires connected, there is no connectivity and my reader shows OL.

When I test the relay without wires connected, there is no connectivity and my reader shows OL.

You need to operate the Omnilogic without the heater wires connected and the multilmeter connected to the relay.

When you call for heat the relay should close and show 0.

When the OmniLogic is NOT calling for heat you will show OL indicating the relay is open.

If your multimeter does not show the relay closing when the Omni calls for heat then your problem is in the Omni configuration or programming.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You need to operate the Omnilogic without the heater wires connected and the multilmeter connected to the relay.

When you call for heat the relay should close and show 0.

When the OmniLogic is NOT calling for heat you will show OL indicating the relay is open.

If your multimeter does not show the relay closing when the Omni calls for heat then your problem is in the Omni configuration or programming.
I bet it is the configuration. I am getting OL on my meter. I've changed the configuration several times, but I haven't been able to get the combination correct.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.