Hayward Heat Pump FLO Error

ErVikingo

Apr 19, 2021
FL
Hello!

I have the FLO error on my heat pump (Hayward HP21404t). I just replaced the flow sensor and hose.

The microswitch closes but I still have a Flo warning.

Filter is clean, pressure is in range.

What is wrong? Circuit board?

I appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Did you replace the Water Pressure Switch in the HP?

How old is the Heat Pump?

1702402063289.png

You need to see if you can find someone locally who services your model HP.

Hayward is not helpful with their sketchy HP manuals and we know how to diagnose many gas heaters but not much on most HPs.

Reactions: ErVikingo
This should be the installation (owners manual?) guide for your heat pump as I dont know whether you were only left the users guide which won't do a lot of good in serious troubleshooting as it has no wiring diagram Hayward HeatPro Heat Pump | Heat Pro. Page 11 has a wiring diagram, but no ladder diagram. How exactly did you comfirm that the flow switch ( purple wires connected to flo/flo on the circuit board) is closed when the pump is running?

I tested the switch with an ohm meter. Pump off circuit is open, pump on circuit is closed. You can actually see the plunger moving and activating the microswitch.

Cables/wires from the switch to the control panel test ok also.

Just ordered a circuit board as what I read online is that if all else tests ok, then it must be the board. argh

You can adjust the pressure switch. It’s comes from the factory with a tiny bit of blue glue on it. It comes dialed all the way down. Chip the blue glue off with a tube screw driver and turn the gear at the base of the switch up so it contacts with less pressure. I have had to do this a few times.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can adjust the pressure switch. It’s comes from the factory with a tiny bit of blue glue on it. It comes dialed all the way down. Chip the blue glue off with a tube screw driver and turn the gear at the base of the switch up so it contacts with less pressure. I have had to do this a few times.
Sorry “small screwdriver “

Update! Just replaced the control board and heat pump is working! It’s a good day!

Now I wonder if I had to make any changes to the new board to use the Omni controller?

Also, what temp should I set the thermostat on the heat pump display for the Omni to work properly.

PS no visible issues with the old board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.