Surprise, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Sometime in the next year I am planning to add an electric heater/chiller unit to my new pool to cool it down a little when it’s a million degrees outside in Phoenix summers and extend pool season so we can swim during some of the spring and fall months too. It wasn’t in the budget for this year with other expenses I have for landscaping and solar panels. Pool builder told me it doesn’t really cost more to add it later and suggested I use it a season and see how the pool is without it for 1 year.

My pool is approx 10k gallons. Can anyone recommend a Hayward model? The other equipment is Hayward so I figure I should stick with the same brand. I have the Omni PL automation too, so hoping the heat pump can be linked to it.

Sometime in the next year I am planning to add an electric heater/chiller unit to my new pool to cool it down a little when it’s a million degrees outside in Phoenix summers and extend pool season so we can swim during some of the spring and fall months too. It wasn’t in the budget for this year with other expenses I have for landscaping and solar panels. Pool builder told me it doesn’t really cost more to add it later and suggested I use it a season and see how the pool is without it for 1 year.

My pool is approx 10k gallons. Can anyone recommend a Hayward model? The other equipment is Hayward so I figure I should stick with the same brand. I have the Omni PL automation too, so hoping the heat pump can be linked to it.
Hayward 120k heat pump. Model hp31204t. A true heat/cool that can work with an Omni PL. They have 2 relays. 1 for heat and 1 for cool. Haywards 100k heat pro is heat/cool but it doesn’t work with automation, only in stand alone. I do believe they added a com port for it but the programming for the Omni firmware update has not happened yet. Plus the 100k heat cool has not the greatest unions for plumbing too. I believe they are 1.5” and if you have 2” plumbing you need reducers. The actual coupling from the heater itself are a pain and the electrician always complain about the panel and how flimsy with bad placement of things. Hayward has been giving incentives to distributors to get rid of them. Don’t fall for the cheaper price. I have had to call techs out to replace panels multiple times. Get the 120k.

Hayward 120k heat pump. Model hp31204t. A true heat/cool that can work with an Omni PL. They have 2 relays. 1 for heat and 1 for cool. Haywards 100k heat pro is heat/cool but it doesn’t work with automation, only in stand alone. I do believe they added a com port for it but the programming for the Omni firmware update has not happened yet. Plus the 100k heat cool has not the greatest unions for plumbing too. I believe they are 1.5” and if you have 2” plumbing you need reducers. The actual coupling from the heater itself are a pain and the electrician always complain about the panel and how flimsy with bad placement of things. Hayward has been giving incentives to distributors to get rid of them. Don’t fall for the cheaper price. I have had to call techs out to replace panels multiple times. Get the 120k.
Do you know how much they cost?

Check that you can get local service and warranty for any heat pump you buy. People have found they were sold units that no one in their area would service.

There is no reason to get a Hayward heat pump because you have other Hayward equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.