Hayward H400FDN Ignition Failure

Paul, thanks much. After researching a bit, it looks to me like the red circle is around the union, so I see what you mean now.

Just for clarity, when you say put the wrench on the pipe just outside the heater, you mean this one that I circled light blue, and I don't need to do anything with the black pipe that runs into the gas valve and is attached with the screws you pointed out above? I am assuming the gas valve is then not screwed down in anyway and instead is held in place by the black gas pipe that runs into the burners, and the pipe on the outside that I have circled here in light blue?

IMG_3103%20%282%29.jpg

IMG_3100%20%282%29.jpg

Yep just unscrew the blue circled pipe from the gas valve. Then yes, once you remove the screws holding the manifold on, the manifold and the gas valve come out in one piece. No need to remove the gas valve from the manifold.

So this morning I went to the heater to try to get into the burners to clean them, and before I did I just figured I would try to fire up the heater really quickly and give it a shot. Sure enough, first shot it fired right up and worked.

I am a bit unsure of how to proceed now. My thought is that if it were spider webs, that would get worse, not better, so its unlikely that it would fire up now and not then, but who knows.

The other thing I was thinking of, the problem first surfaced after about 5 days of very heavy rain, and since then its been incredibly dry with no rain.

I am wondering if the rain could have factored in this in any way?

Any thoughts on how to proceed from here if this happens again? Should I still try to go in and check the burners, or look for something else if this happens again?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.