Hayward H250 Millivolt Pool Heater - 2/5 burners not lighting

Jup

Jun 24, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
My annual challenge with my pool heater has once again begun early this time. Surprisingly the heater fired up quickly after I opened the pool during a quick test. I had the usual after winter cleanup and finally got to a point where I wanted to start heating the pool. After a maddening couple of hours of cleaning leads, testing continuity, etc. the heater finally fired up. However, I noticed that the first two burners (from left to right) have no flame. I've never done anything with the burners before. My heater is now eight years old. Any suggestions on how I can get those burners fired up? Thanks for any help.

My annual challenge with my pool heater has once again begun early this time. Surprisingly the heater fired up quickly after I opened the pool during a quick test. I had the usual after winter cleanup and finally got to a point where I wanted to start heating the pool. After a maddening couple of hours of cleaning leads, testing continuity, etc. the heater finally fired up. However, I noticed that the first two burners (from left to right) have no flame. I've never done anything with the burners before. My heater is now eight years old. Any suggestions on how I can get those burners fired up? Thanks for any help.
Your burner orifices have spider nests in them. Very common.
You can try to clear them with a piece copper wire bent in a hook about an inch long. Steel wire can scratch the orifice and change gas flow into the burner.
If you can't do it that way, it takes either a 3/8" or 7/16" wrench to remove the orifice. Just blow the debris out and reinstall. Be sure the orifice is threaded back in about the same distance as ones you haven't touched. No sealant is used.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.