Hayward H150FDN Timer Setup?

airbur

Gold Supporter
Jul 4, 2017
Colorado
I have a Hayward H150FDN heater and am trying to determine the best way to have it come on automatically with the pump. Is it ok to use the heater's water flow sensor as a "timer"? I see no other way to have it automatically heat the water whenever the pump is on since I don't run the pump 24x7.

The heater is on 220V hardwired directly via a manual disconnect.

The pump is 110V and plugged into a regular outlet with a timer.

I don't think the heater can be put on a timer per se because when it's turned on, it goes into standby mode and you must manually make a selection to start it.

The only time the heater will stop heating is based on water temp (thermostat setting) or low/no water flow.

My main concern is if I rely on the heater's low-flow sensor alone and, for whatever reason, it decides not to shut off when it detects low/no flow....it will turn into a heater-bomb.

I'm guessing you have an above ground pool since the pump is plugged into a timer on a outlet. Yes I see now you have an Intex.

I wouldn't put the heater on a timer unless it is the same timer as the pump, not on it's own. What timer are you using for the pump?

I'm guessing you have an above ground pool since the pump is plugged into a timer on a outlet. Yes I see now you have an Intex.

I wouldn't put the heater on a timer unless it is the same timer as the pump, not on it's own. What timer are you using for the pump?

That won't work because if you take power away from the heater, then add power it turns on, but it's in standby mode...not heat mode. You have to manually put it in "Pool" mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.