Hayward E100 Sand Filter - Question about O-ring

Jun 16, 2015
Voorhees, NJ
I have been helping my neighbor with his pool. He has a Hayward E100 filter. Since the time he's been there, he has had a leak around the clamp. I tried tightening the screws, but it didn't help at all. We ended up removing the clamp and lifting the multiport valve. I noticed that there is no o-ring, which I believe is necessary for a good seal. I pulled up a schematic on Inyo pools, and they have an o-ring listed (7 1/8" OD, 6 3/4" ID - 3/16"). I just wanted to make sure that this is correct. His multiport valve looks a bit different, but I assume that I have the correct diagram. Also, does anyone know how tight the clamps are supposed to be? There seemed to be a good distance between the clamps when tightening the screws, but it is hard to tighten them further without an impact driver. I noticed that the screw heads are partially stripped, so I wanted to be careful. My filter uses a socket wrench, so it's much easier to tighten.

Filter - Hayward E-Series Top Mount Sand, E-100, 200, 250 Parts - INYOPools.com
O-ring - O-ring, 6-3/4" ID, 3/16" (O-263) - 364 - INYOPools.com

I appreciate any assistance!

IMG_7717.jpgIMG_7730.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.