Hayward DE4800 - Clamp Assembly Replacement

tpsjersey

May 17, 2023
New Jersey
Hi, I’m a new pool owner with an old pool filter, a Hayward DE4800, which was discontinued in the 90s. It worked great last season.

When opening the pool, my pool service reported that the clamp assembly was missing from the filter. I have no idea what could have happened to it. Putting the mystery of the missing clamp assembly aside -

I have read that the clamp assembly is “obsolete” and cannot find any alternative or generic part.

can anyone recommend a replacement part or fix? I would prefer to keep this filter going

Hi, I’m a new pool owner with an old pool filter, a Hayward DE4800, which was discontinued in the 90s. It worked great last season.

When opening the pool, my pool service reported that the clamp assembly was missing from the filter. I have no idea what could have happened to it. Putting the mystery of the missing clamp assembly aside -

I have read that the clamp assembly is “obsolete” and cannot find any alternative or generic part.

can anyone recommend a replacement part or fix? I would prefer to keep this filter going
There are no "generic" tank-clamp assemblies and, unfortunately, you MUST use the clamp that was designed for that filter tank, it is a safety issue.