Hayward Colorlogic Light Issues

snipes00

Feb 10, 2020
Houston, TX
I installed my pool in 2017 and I had colorlogic light installed in the main pool and one in the spa. I have had the pool light replaced 2 times under warranty and once out of my own pocket. Two times the light leaked and the other time it was acting bonkers and flashing. I installed the latest one just over year ago and it started having issues recently. Few times over last month I noticed that the light was flashing, but i was able to get it to return to normal by re-syncing the light manually. Last Thursday it started flashing for few minutes and then turned itself off. If i go into service mode i can turn on the relay for the light and get it to turn on white for maybe a second then it turns off. I cant get it to turn on at all using my omni logic control system normal UCL on/off button. I assume the light is toast and plan to call hayward this week to complain in hopes to get new one under warranty but i expect they will tell me no and i have to buy it another one. My spa light died couple months ago and also need replacing but it lasted 6 years. I really like having these lights and makes my backyard look cool with the pool lit up in blue, not not worth it if i have to buy a $1000 light yearly. Is there another option to replace these with that has better quality? Or something cheaper than doesnt break the bank when i have to replace it? Can i swap out the light for some type of halogen and then use a LED bulb?

You don't say what model light or what size light niche you have.

If your niche will fit a Hayward Astolite or Pentair Amerlite you can then put an LED bulb int he light fixture.

This is the niche listed for that light. If you have it, only another Hayward will fit. it is too shallow for anything else and the light mounting is proprietary.
hayward-shallow-concrete-pool-niche-for-universal-colorlogic-pool-lights__85642.1604965525.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.