hayward bulb SP0565Z1

Policypeddler

Jul 16, 2023
new york
pi have a light in the side of my above ground pool. it calls for a bulb Hayward bulb SP0565Z1. when i search for the bulb the cost is between $85 and $95. I saw a couple replacements that were much cheaper, i was not sure they would be comparable.
can someone give me some direction on what bulb would be a good alternative.

I only see one photo of the bad bulb, just my opinion but 12 Volt 50 Watt bulbs should be the same ASSUMING they have the same base construction. I have used these people in the past and if these have the same base construction as the bad bulb they should work. I don't know anything about what the bulb you use - if it's subjected to weather, underwater or enclosed in a housing so they may not be compatible. I'm linking to 2 -12 volt bulb that may be compatible with the system - LED and Halogen. Personally, I have outfitted all my bulbs to LED and have no regrets.

Halogen: 9 results | 1000Bulbs.com

LED: 96 results | 1000Bulbs.com

Edit: I went to an EBay seller advertising that replacement Hayward bulb and the bulb said MR16, if it is really a MR16 bulb you have any MR16 bulb should work as long as it's 12 volt. You can have a choice of how bright you really want the bulb to be - 10 to 50 watts.

Last edited:
pi have a light in the side of my above ground pool. it calls for a bulb Hayward bulb SP0565Z1. when i search for the bulb the cost is between $85 and $95. I saw a couple replacements that were much cheaper, i was not sure they would be comparable.
can someone give me some direction on what bulb would be a good alternative.
Simple MR16, 12V bulb. Overpriced in a Hayward package. Home Depot carries dozens.

Reactions: CT-Steven
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.