Hayward Bug...what part is at fault?

Aug 12, 2011
Augusta, Kansas
Hi experts......I have a multi year old Hayward Bug who has happily vacuumed my above ground pool. This year bug's age is showing. The part where the hose attaches should move easier than it is. Mine doesn't move freely and takes some force to move it. I've taken it all apart and didn't find anything broken. It moved better after I reassembled it. But second vacuum and he's not working again. Just sits on the bottom of the pool. Lots of suction in the hose and I can feel some suction but not great on the pool bottom side.

Any suggestions...anyone else find the "fix this and it works again" part I need to replace?

Diane

Thank you for the video - with this one and a few others I was able to determine my issue.
  1. Missing the two screws that hold the bottom section tight and enabling better suction
    1. When I had taken the bug fully apart I obviously missed those two and thankfully I have a donor bug who provided replacement
  2. Got new shoes which seemed to have helped mobility
  3. Had some elm tree leaves (tiny buggers) what were in the pump basket that were making the pump run hard but not give the bug the needed suction
And Ta-da - Bug is now be-popin around the pool again!!

Diane

Reactions: splashpad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.