Hayward Aquarite SWG T cell Thermistor

Hwmonkey

Aug 17, 2018
Daytona Beach, FL
I am not talking about the thermistor (AS32 2R025)image.jpg on the circuit board. I am talking about the T cell thermistor.

I am tired of T cells failing. I have had brand name and offbrand. The longest lasting was offbrand. They always fail just out of warranty period. I took an old one and deconstructed it in a way that I could fully reassemble. Removal of the epoxy involves heating to the point the epoxy changes state and the plastic does not. Only problem is this really old one had bad threads on the plastic so it could not be reused. After disassembly and successful repair (aside from the thermistor), I am ready to attack a cell that can be serviced.

My problem is that I do not know the spec for the thermistor on the T Cell. Can someone help me identify the electronic specs for this, so I can attempt a replacement.

Thanks!!

So if resistance is within spec, and the circuit board thermistor is freshly replaced, and the plates are clean, why would it read 112 F when it should be 89 F? Does that point to the board?

Probably.

The quality of components in off brand boards is suspect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.