hayward aquarite pro no lights or display 3 month old unit

Feb 21, 2014
dfw tx
So I placed a call to hayward and they said they would have the warranty department email me within 3 days to start the process but just want to make sure I didn't miss anything since they have no "technical support".

aquarite pro model.

Checked 240v between red/black wires. checked 120v between r/g and b/g wires.

Checked the two yellow wires showing 22.4v between them.

blue/white wires showing 2.1ohms. gray purple showing 2.7. Not sure why they are different but its within specs

Checked 20 amp fuse for continuity.

Nothing was burnt or looked damaged.

Jumper is set to 240v

I tried to verify vdc on the black and red wire but I'm not getting anything at all. Tried testing the same way as the yellow wires with unit on/off didn't make any difference.

Anyway I can check the rectifiers to see if its a wiring issue?

I found all these steps for a aquarite generator somewhere on this forum so went with that. Kinda different than the pro but same setup

Thank you for the help

Check for 24 volts AC on the orange wires going to the rectifiers at the rectifiers.

Check for 24 volts DC at the red and black wires at the rectifiers.

20200424_135229-jpg.327332

ba4q7t6.jpeg

The two yellow wires coming from the transformer should have 24 volts Ac where they connect to the circuit board.

From there, the voltage should transfer from the yellow to the orange.

One yellow goes through the 20 amp fuse to get to the orange and I think that the other yellow directly connects to the orange through the board.

The problem might be the 20 amp fuse.

Try a new fuse even if it tests as ok.

I think that the bottom yellow (EP13) and orange (EP14) should be directly connected together by the board. Turn off power and remove the wires and check for continuity between (EP13) AND (EP14).

Remove the other orange and yellow and test for continuity between the terminals that the wires connect to.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you zoom in closely, you can see that the part was cracked and damaged.

There are burn marks on the circuit board in the original picture indicating that the part burned up and is most likely the cause of the problem.

You can try replacing the part if you want or just file a warranty claim.

ba4q7t6.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.