Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello all,

My original single speed pump died, and I replaced it with an Ecostar VSP. I got it all working/communicating via the data cable and all, but would like to get your thoughts if my automation panel is/was wired correctly for the equipment.

I previously had a polaris booster pump which I took out and am using as an extra return. It was hooked up to AUX1 relay feeding off of the filter relay.

I have a Raypak 406A pool heater fed by 240V off of the AUX1 relay which is suplyed by through the filter relay.

I understand that for proper control of the pump (per the addendum in other posts) the pump needs to be wired directly to the breaker. I saw a YouTube video for a pentair wiring and the guy wired it "directly" by connecting the output lines to the pump to the supply side in the relay. It's what I've done as well but am wondering if that is proper (per picture).

Should I install a separate GFCI double pole breaker for the heater? If so, should the heater be wired into it, bypassing the relays? Does anything need to be done to detect no flow (currently handled when filter is not on - I don't have a flow switch).

Any other recommendations around the wiring?

Thanks for all your help and useful info on this forum!

Attachments

• IMG_1244.jpeg
    IMG_1244.jpeg
    529.9 KB · Views: 8
Your wiring looks fine.

Your heater has a pressure switch that should shut down the heater if there is NO FLOW.

Reactions: 1poolman1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.