Hayward AquaLogic "Communication Err 2"

Henryrose88

Aug 13, 2022
Richardson Texas
Hey Everyone, i need some assitance on troublshooting the"Communication Err 2" Error on my Aqualogic.
Here is what I know:
The pool right now will not run. The pool pumps will not come on at their correct times at all. I noticed the issue yesterday morning when I looked outside at the scheduled filter time and the filter was off.
I go out to the Local Control panel and the display says "Communication Err 2" call 1800 number.. I did this, they forward me the troubleshooting guide.
The troubleshooting guide from Hayward mentions to check the cable continuity between the Local Display GLX-LOCAL and the PCB-Main. That checked out fine. If the cable is good, replace the Local Display (GLX-LOCAL-PS-8. $550) and if that doesn't fix it replace the Main Board (GLX-PCB-MAIN, $800). I could be looking at 1400 after all said and done..
I took out and inspected the Local Display board, I noticed some corrosion on the the leads for the LCD display (which displayed fined). Wiped off with a paper towel and corrosion is gone. No other sign of issue. Solder joins where the corrosion was are not shorted.
I took out the main board and everything looked find. No capacitors seemed blown. Resistors were good. Fuses good.
With everything plugged in and powered off, I pulled remote connects (remote, valves, external relays, temperature senor, etc..) one by one to see if the comm err 2 cleared and it didnt.
Is there any way to tell if my Local Display is bad or the Main PCB?
Any other tests?

We have various threads about the problem and all the threads taper off without hearing a resolution.

If you figure it out please let us know.

Maybe @1poolman1 has seen this.

For documentation purposes for the next unfortunate aqualogic owner the problem has been resolved.
I first purchased a GLX-LOCAL-PS-8. I got it in plugged in the ribbon cable and right away "communication err 2"... Great now i need to buy the GLX-PCB-MAIN. Thankfully the store gave me a return for the GLX-LOCAL - the restocking fee. The PCB Main fixed my issue. All Good now.

I'm saving my bad PCB-Main - Anybody know of a good refurb company?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.