Jun 27, 2023
La Vernia, Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Moved from HERE

Aquarite is reading 4800 salt level. Had water tested pool place says salt is at 3600. I had a bad salt cell, replaced my cell with an over sized Blue Works T-9 version. I had a t3. I have changed the cell type on the board, reset salt level etc... board is still reading high. I am at a loss.
Just saw this post. I am having the same issue with my Aquarite S3. 2 months old.
The SWG reads 3000. My digital tester, pool man's tester, and local pool store all test the same at about 2400. Noone seems to know how to recalibrate it since it's a new unit. I've called Hayward twice and emailed them. They just keep sending me the owner's manual, which I've read and no info on how to recalibrate. I'm on the waiting list to get a tech out to my house cuz he's apparently weeks behind.
Was wondering if you ever figured out the issue or how to fix. If you can please let me know how you recalibrate the salt, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw this post. I am having the same issue with my Aquarite S3. 2 months old.
The SWG reads 3000. My digital tester, pool man's tester, and local pool store all test the same at about 2400. Noone seems to know how to recalibrate it since it's a new unit. I've called Hayward twice and emailed them. They just keep sending me the owner's manual, which I've read and no info on how to recalibrate. I'm on the waiting list to get a tech out to my house cuz he's apparently weeks behind.
Was wondering if you ever figured out the issue or how to fix. If you can please let me know how you recalibrate the salt, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Do you have an extended life cell?
Those can read higher than actual when they are new - this dissipates as the cell ages.

Ok, so my cell is a TCELLS325. I was reading the info you sent me, and I calculated performance. 3000 (instant salinity) ÷ 2280 (actual salinity from test)= 1.32. Also, reading a little further down, my variance is more than 500, so maybe it could just be attributed to the fact that it's new (2 months) and the extra coating on the cell plates. Either way, the info you sent me was great. I'm just going to leave it alone and see if it starts to get better readings as time passes. Plus, I need to add salt now that I know I can trust the test and the machine has a false reading. Thanks again!!

Attachments

• 20230702_175432.jpg
    20230702_175432.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 1
Ok, so my cell is a TCELLS325. I was reading the info you sent me, and I calculated performance. 3000 (instant salinity) ÷ 2280 (actual salinity from test)= 1.32. Also, reading a little further down, my variance is more than 500, so maybe it could just be attributed to the fact that it's new (2 months) and the extra coating on the cell plates. Either way, the info you sent me was great. I'm just going to leave it alone and see if it starts to get better readings as time passes. Plus, I need to add salt now that I know I can trust the test and the machine has a false reading. Thanks again!!

Post your diagnostic information.

What are your amps?

You don't want to increase your salt level to where the amps are greater then 7.0. High amps lead to heat and burnt components on the board.

So your salt tests at 3600 and the diagnostics show instant salt/average salt at 3000/3100. That all looks fine.

Leave it all alone. Your SWG looks like it is generating fine.

Get a K-1766 salt test kit - Salt

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So your salt tests at 3600 and the diagnostics show instant salt/average salt at 3000/3100. That all looks fine.

Leave it all alone. Your SWG looks like it is generating fine.

Get a K-1766 salt test kit - Salt
No, my salt tester, the pool store tester, and a pool guy I asked to test it, all read around 2300. I asked the pool store and our neighborhood pool guy to test the salt just to confirm my readings. That's why I was thinking I should add more salt even if it raises the SWG reading.

No, my salt tester, the pool store tester, and a pool guy I asked to test it, all read around 2300. I asked the pool store and our neighborhood pool guy to test the salt just to confirm my readings. That's why I was thinking I should add more salt even if it raises the SWG reading.

I would add 500 ppm of salt and no more.

Get your salt around 2800 and see what your amps are.

The S325 is the T-9 equivalent and 3.00 amps is low for 3,000 ppm salinity at 89 degrees.

3 amps better matches the T-5 cell type, so maybe the software is off for some reason.

Get a K-1766 salt test kit to confirm the salinity and then file a warranty claim if the salinity is way off.

20230702_193508-jpg.509869

full

Change the cell type to S318 and record the readings in both polarities.

Then change the cell type to S340 and redo the readings in both polarities and then back to S325 and redo the readings in both polarities.

Change the cell type to S318 and record the readings in both polarities.

Then change the cell type to S340 and redo the readings in both polarities and then back to S325 and redo the readings in both polarities.
Do I have to wait between changing and readings, or can I just quickly change and read?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.