Hayward Aqua Plus PLPLUS Control

The ProLogic PS4,8, etc have a different manual than the ProLogic P4 ... which one were you reading?

Like I said the ProLogic P4 is identical to the AquaPlus ... and these I do not think have the ColorLogic control.

The ProLogic PS4,8, etc have a different manual than the ProLogic P4 ... which one were you reading?

Like I said the ProLogic P4 is identical to the AquaPlus ... and these I do not think have the ColorLogic control.

Ahhhh..I just realized I was reading the manual for the PL-4...didn't notice it was seperate from the PS4. I just quickly looked at the PS4 manual and you're right that it doesnt say anything about the colorlogic control...

You just stated the opposite of what I wrote.

I think ONLY the PS# models have the ColorLogic control.

Yep...that's exactly what I did....lol....not on purpose though! For some reason my fingers typed it different than I wanted them too! I, too, meant the opposite...(ugh...the model names are too similar...and I've done way too much reading!..it's all getting jumbled up together!)
Sorry for the confusion

I've read both the manuals for the Prologic and the AquaPlus. In the Prologic manual it specifically states that you can add the ColorLogic Network Module to control custom light shows and colors with the Color Logic Lights. However, unless I somehow missed it, it did not say anything about that option with the AquaPlus Control system... I may contact Hayward about it to be sure.

I can confirm that you can add the light control module to the AquaPlus panel. It shows you in the manual how to do it. I ordered it, and will be installing in the spring.

Well now I'm second guessing! I called Hayward before I ordered it, and they confirmed the AquaPlus was the newer versions and they supported it, but I want to be sure myself now.

I would definitely double check....because what I've read about the ColorLogic Network Module said that it will only work with the PS models... but please let me know what you find out...

One thing to add though - I'm about to call Hayward to confirm the use of the network module, but without it, you can still control the colors of the ColorLogic LEDs and use the standard light shows. You control it by using the on/off switch with specific pauses. You only need the network module if you want to use the custom programs (to create your own), or if your pool has multiple lights and you want them all in sync (which I would think you would). I only have 1 light in the deep end, and the more I think about it, to just have the flexibility to create two custom light shows may not be worth the $250 and then the install time. hmm...nevertheless, time for an answer...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Confirmed by Haward. I was wrong. :( But I can say it. The PS units only can use the network module, the PL units cannot. His explanation is the PS units are bit more advanced in their programming capability, and can control a second heater, etc, but other than that, and the ability to use the colorlogic module, very similar. I have the AquaPlus PL unit, so I'm out of luck, but as I mentioned above, in hindsight, I don't think I really even needed the module in the first place. Next stop, cancel that order and save my money!

One thing to add though - I'm about to call Hayward to confirm the use of the network module, but without it, you can still control the colors of the ColorLogic LEDs and use the standard light shows. You control it by using the on/off switch with specific pauses. You only need the network module if you want to use the custom programs (to create your own), or if your pool has multiple lights and you want them all in sync (which I would think you would). I only have 1 light in the deep end, and the more I think about it, to just have the flexibility to create two custom light shows may not be worth the $250 and then the install time. hmm...nevertheless, time for an answer...
I totally agree....for me, just having one light, I don't think it's worth the extra money just to control "extra" light shows...it's already a really cool light! The one thing I'm running into now is that my pool guy here in Canada is telling me that if I buy it in the states, my warranty will not be valid here....kind of sucks...

Hmm...Not sure about that. One thing I can tell you is that it's very easy to get through to Hayward support, they answer quick, are in NC, and are very helpful. I'm sure they'll tell you the deal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.