Aug 8, 2023
Haines, Alaska
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,
I am new to this site so bare with me. I manage a 124k gal pool in Haines, Alaska. we use a Hayward cat 2000 ORP and for the most part it works great. lately it has been going through a lot of acid. about twice as much as usual. PH is testing and reading correctly at 7.5. The ORP is at 715, which is higher than usual and our chlorine is testing really high at 6ppm total and free. I have the ORP set point at 675. I may just be missing something simple, but i thought i would hop on here and see if anyone had a quick simple suggestion on how to bring the chlorine down and stop using so much acid. Thanks!

-Jae

Hello,
I am new to this site so bare with me. I manage a 124k gal pool in Haines, Alaska. we use a Hayward cat 2000 ORP and for the most part it works great. lately it has been going through a lot of acid. about twice as much as usual. PH is testing and reading correctly at 7.5. The ORP is at 715, which is higher than usual and our chlorine is testing really high at 6ppm total and free. I have the ORP set point at 675. I may just be missing something simple, but i thought i would hop on here and see if anyone had a quick simple suggestion on how to bring the chlorine down and stop using so much acid. Thanks!

-Jae
Welcome! How are you testing the water (other than ORP) and so you know your CYA level?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.