Hayward 1HP Max Flo Pump motor replacement

gazoo66

Jul 20, 2023
Sacramento, CA
Hello all,

I have a hayward 1hp max flo oump, i believe the model is sp1607z1m, I attached the faded label from the pump. This pump is almost 25 years old and is used for waterfall only. It has now started to make loud grinding noise. I assume the pool motor needs to be replaced, anyone recommend a motor to purchase and is it easy enough to replace on my own? Thanks!

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    605.7 KB · Views: 4
Hello all,

I have a hayward 1hp max flo oump, i believe the model is sp1607z1m, I attached the faded label from the pump. This pump is almost 25 years old and is used for waterfall only. It has now started to make loud grinding noise. I assume the pool motor needs to be replaced, anyone recommend a motor to purchase and is it easy enough to replace on my own? Thanks!
You're not going to get anyone reputable (if at all) to ship a single-speed motor of that horsepower to California, they are illegal. Likely need bearings. There are many motor shops in the area that can do that if you take the motor to them. The video is not the same pump, but it is the same motor and the instructions work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.