Having issues getting pool clear

ok so it's been 5 days since I've posted any updates..... I've been keeping the SLAM level right around the 20 range give or take a few numbers up or down and the pool is looking great!!!
We've had rain storms roll through almost every night but not much debris has been blown into it, lucky enough..... and I've checked the FC level 2-3 times through out the day and I've brushed it and vac everyday...... it is clear!
So now I'm going to go read again cause I know I seen something about what the next thing is to do for a over night something.......
I'll post pics tomorrow

Lea

So what do you all think?
All I have now is cotton from the cotton trees and little dirt that has settled the last few days.
Wasn't understanding the over night test thing so I've just been keeping the FC around 10 or so give or take and vacuuming every other day.
8ezyreze.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

The OCLT is simply measuring FC at night 30 minutes after you've added bleach. Then measure it early in the morning before sun hits pool. Subtract morning FC from previous night FC reading and that's your Overnight Chlorine Loss. If it's 1 or less, your pool is free of algae. You can then let your FC drop to the right level based on CYA level and maintain it each day.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The OCLT is simply measuring FC at night 30 minutes after you've added bleach. Then measure it early in the morning before sun hits pool. Subtract morning FC from previous night FC reading and that's your Overnight Chlorine Loss. If it's 1 or less, your pool is free of algae. You can then let your FC drop to the right level based on CYA level and maintain it each day.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
ah awesome I can handle that
thanks

ok so last night I added 3 gal of bleach and waited 30 mins and tested the FC at 22.5 .........

this morning I got up tested the FC and it was at 20.5 .......

so does that mean I still have algae lingering around and still need to continue SLAMMING my pool and vacuuming daily?

Also yesterday was the first time I tried to use my Aqua Critter since I purchased it at the beginning of May..... I watched the DVD and read the booklet but the unit wouldnt move...... there are no leaves or chunks of anything to plug it up..... there was light debris of dirt and small amounts of cotton in a few areas but the unit wasnt in any of those areas..... after a few times trying I removed the bug and attached the manual one and vacuumed it by hand.....
Has anyone used a critter and could give me pointer on what I'm doing wrong or should I get a different type of sweeper or stick with doing it by hand....

Lea

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok so two more days of SLAMMING and scrubbing and vacuuming. I don't know how much cleaner and clearer it can get or where algae is hiding. ......added bleach waited 30 min and tested FC. Will test again in the morning and see where we are at. Crossing fingers. .........

pydeqera.jpg

6aqere8u.jpg

ypehybed.jpg

4a7y6ate.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.