Have been having algae problems

Your SWG is working correct ? Just making sure when the SLAM is over.
There's really no need to have your SWG running now. It'll save on the cell life. It's your call.
Bring your FC back up to 20-22 with bleach. ?

I noticed that about 80% of the algae is gone on it's own.

I've used Leslie's shock several times and the algae never went away on its own.

I'm hoping that by end of today or tmr afternoon all the algae is gone.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I'm aware of the cell has been working correctly.

I clean it just about once a month and it usually doesn't have much of a build up.

We have been having lots of rain here over the past couple weeks, which doesn't help the SWG.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yep just let your FC drift down and then let your SWG take over. I'd get your CYA level up to 70. You can do that now if you like. Your target FC will be 5-6 and never below 3 with a CYA level of 70.
If your water is too cold for your SWG to work then just manually dose with bleach and leave your CYA level at 50. Maintain FC levels for a non SWG pool then.
Don't bother testing your PH until your FC falls below 10. There is a good article in Pool School on water balance for SWG's. ?

So after a week of SLAMing I'm done.

Question for you guys - do I keep my SWG off until FC level decreases to about 10? When do I start getting everything in line at the optimal level?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leave the SWG off until you get to the appropriate FC level for your CYA, whatever that happens to be. http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

When FC drops below 10, you can trust the pH reading and start adjusting things if needed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.