Have a Dorado...anything better for large leaves?

Jul 8, 2009
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Have had a Dorado for a few years now. Other than replacing the skirt seal, and pulling large leaves, Mango seeds, and a few small branches, it does well. Time to replace the skirt seal again, and since I was on here looking for other stuff, figured I'd ask. We have an oak, and a Mango tree. The oak leaves float, while the mango leaves sink almost instantly. The Dorado seems to do ok, but will eventually get stuck a few times a week. Mostly leaves will get sucked up and end up in the filter basket. In early spring, i will easily scoop out 2-3 full nets of leaves several times a week...in addition to emptying the filter basket every other day.

Wondering if anything else can handle large leaves any better? WIsh there was a "leaf disposal unit" to shred them up...

I have a suction side port, so would prefer to use, but if one of those robotic ones will get less stuck, then i may look into, but based on a few other comments I've read, seems that the baskets are fairly small.

Lately it likes to get stuck on the last step, and doesn't move (the flapper "bites" into the corner) until the pump turns off, and then falls to bottom, and starts moving in the morning...

TIA,

Carlos.

Have had a Dorado for a few years now. Other than replacing the skirt seal, and pulling large leaves, Mango seeds, and a few small branches, it does well. Time to replace the skirt seal again, and since I was on here looking for other stuff, figured I'd ask. We have an oak, and a Mango tree. The oak leaves float, while the mango leaves sink almost instantly. The Dorado seems to do ok, but will eventually get stuck a few times a week. Mostly leaves will get sucked up and end up in the filter basket. In early spring, i will easily scoop out 2-3 full nets of leaves several times a week...in addition to emptying the filter basket every other day.

Wondering if anything else can handle large leaves any better? WIsh there was a "leaf disposal unit" to shred them up...

I have a suction side port, so would prefer to use, but if one of those robotic ones will get less stuck, then i may look into, but based on a few other comments I've read, seems that the baskets are fairly small.

Lately it likes to get stuck on the last step, and doesn't move (the flapper "bites" into the corner) until the pump turns off, and then falls to bottom, and starts moving in the morning...

TIA,

Carlos.
No automatic or robotic pool cleaner can handle a large leaf load that you describe without problems. A large leaf load can even clog a Leaf Master type cleaner (no longer made but still available some places).
2233_leaf_master.jpg

Reactions: carlosmp
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.