Has anyone used this filter sand?

No real reason to replace sand in a filter unless it is gummed up with pool store potions.

#20 silica sand is what is needed for your filter -- the one in the picture should be that as it says it is for pools.

Take care.

Curious on this as well. Just got a new Intex sand filter and it specifically says to use #20 silica which is $25 a 50 lb bag online. I called the local pool place he said they had #40 which "is what all sand filters use". He had 50 lb bags for $10 each. I stopped at HD as I needed to anyway and bought 3 bags of 'Quickrete' sand in the pool section. Honestly I figure it was the same thing the guy had for $10 a bag that I had to drive farther for. If Quickrete isn't a #20 then someone stop me before I fill up the new filter.

I am installing a new hayward pump and filter today and wanted to make sure this sand was okay. I have had problems the last 2 years with intex pumps and filters blowing sand in the pool. Amazon put these on sale last fall at really low prices, so I bought one.

I installed my new Hayward 200lb filter with 1 1/2 hp pump yesterday. This sand seems to be working just fine. I have zero sand that has made its way into the pool. That was a continuous problem I had with the old Intex filters. I also installed the hayward in wall skimmer. It appears that 1 1/2 hp may be a bit overkill for an 18' pool though :) Its got some major current going!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.