Handrail in Pavers

Try a strong magnet. Typically, the better stainless is nonmagnetic. Use a cloth between the magnet and rail to avoid scratches if the magnet is hard or sharp.

Note: Not a definitive test.

Thanks for the replies.

Only label on the rail other than maintenance and installation warnings is a small barcode with # Y17637. Search found no results.

Magnet has extremely little pull.

PB would be highly insulted if I asked for his invoice. Relationship has not been the best and that could make it worse at this time. I has some ordeal just getting him to replace with the right shape rail and he was told several times MS model for eventual salt in the pool.

I work in construction, and i can tell you that asking for an invoice is completely your right and perfectly acceptable practice. You're paying for it, therefore you have the right to know exactly what product was installed/purchased. If he's insulted let him be - he needs to re-assess his business practices.

Looks like SRSmith. They make good quality products. Most likely it's all good.

304 and 316 can be slighty attracted to a magnet. Especially at bends and welds. 316 tends to be slighty less magnetic.

In any case, I think that very low magnetic attraction is a good sign but not definitive one way or another.

The rail should have come in a box. Did they put the box in your trash or recycling bin?

Other than the box with a label, a receipt would help.

My PB brought the rail over & installed it himself with lots of cussing when it wouldn't fit in the mounting sleeves easily. He didn't leave the box.

I will ask for the invoices for all my equipment before the final payment. I will need the invoices for proof & date to register the warranties as it looks like I will have to do that myself. Will be starting a thread about warranties later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.