Handheld pool vacuum recommendations

Geez, am I the only one that has had poor experiences with these vacuums? I have had 2 Blaster Max vacuums and one Blaster CG. None has lasted longer than 3 months or so. They just stop. I assume it is a battery issue but everyone here seems to be getting years use out of them ( and my dealer has also had good experiences with them).

Geez, am I the only one that has had poor experiences with these vacuums? I have had 2 Blaster Max vacuums and one Blaster CG. None has lasted longer than 3 months or so. They just stop. I assume it is a battery issue but everyone here seems to be getting years use out of them ( and my dealer has also had good experiences with them).

Mine died last week. It was just a year old, I got water in the battery. I don't understand how it happened. I watch it like a hawk and I keep the plug well lubed. I called the company and I pay to ship it to them and they pay the rest. It was covered under warranty by one day.

I've had my Pool Blaster Max for 2 months now and use it every single day. I get three ten minute sessions out of it. When I recharge it, I set my phone alarm so I don't leave it plugged in too long.

I use the micro filter bags. They slip over the original bag. And recently, the original bag that came with it kind of came apart... Like cotton candy separating. I ordered a replacement bag (sand and silt bag for $25). It picks up sand, silt, pollen, rolypolies. It's not so great at leaves. They tend to float away as you approach them.

I use this vac every day before I hop in, because I hate dead insects on the floor of my pool!

For tons of leaves, I have to use my robot in the pool, as the Pool Blaster Max is for small clean ups.

My max died about last month after hanging in for 2 1/2 yr. - smoke came out of the switch - I guess water got in somehow. At the end, it was only able to last 15 min.

Get a robot if don't have one - it's worth the investment, or if you can get one cheap.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.