Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2021
Longview, Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Is there anything similar to a hammerhead style vac for residential use? This time of year I get A LOT of debris in my pool from acorns to leaves and dirt. My Polaris does fine for standard use all year but in the fall it’s a bandaid on a grenade wound. And I don’t want to use the suction vac into my filter if I can avoid it. I’d like a handheld vac that sends the debris into a net.

I think this has been discussed before. The hammerhead is an awesome cleaner, but the cost makes it prohibitive for a single residential use.
You could manually vac with a pole and hose connected to skimmer.
Hopefully someone has seen something new in the market.

Suction vacuum to an inline leaf trap on the suction hose. Pentair and Hayward both make large inline traps with mesh bags that capture the big stuff and are easy to clean out. Not quite as big as the bagger style cleaners but they can be loaded up quite heavily before needing to be emptied.

I have one of these for post-hurricane / tropical storm leaf removal. I get about a garbage barrel amount of debris in the bottom of the pool two or three times a season and the thing gets them out with about a half-hour or less of work. I don’t know if it will get acorns and it definitely doesn’t get sand (use robot for sand). Depending on the nature and frequency of your debris issue, it might do the trick without breaking the bank. I’ve had mine for two years and it’s still going strong, but it is cheaply made for what it costs. For the amount of work it has saved, if it broke I’d buy another. Put a tennis ball in the bag to help the bag float up, also remove the little brush things from its underside — pointless and they block the leaves from entering smoothly.

I have one of these for post-hurricane / tropical storm leaf removal. I get about a garbage barrel amount of debris in the bottom of the pool two or three times a season and the thing gets them out with about a half-hour or less of work. I don’t know if it will get acorns and it definitely doesn’t get sand (use robot for sand). Depending on the nature and frequency of your debris issue, it might do the trick without breaking the bank. I’ve had mine for two years and it’s still going strong, but it is cheaply made for what it costs. For the amount of work it has saved, if it broke I’d buy another. Put a tennis ball in the bag to help the bag float up, also remove the little brush things from its underside — pointless and they block the leaves from entering smoothly.

Sold! I think I’ll give this a shot. I like the idea of not having to hook up the suction hose

Reactions: SoDel and HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.