Half done with Pentair Intellecenter or on the wrong path?

skacey

Mar 8, 2017
Las Vegas
My Goal: Connect my pool to my Home Assistant home automation.

My system: I recently replaced my pre-2012 EasyTouch circuit board with this kit: IntelliCenter Upgrade Kit (POOL/SPA COMBO BEFORE 2012)

My prior system also had the Intellechlor circuitry, but I do not own a SWG. So after a bit of research, I cut the sections that made this installation impossible and successfully completed the install (mostly)

Where I am now: I have most of the systems working with the exception of the main pool pump and I've still not connected Home Assistant.

Problem #1:
The pump is a Pentair Intelliflo VSF Variable Speed and Flow Pump. When I manually start the pump on the new Intellecenter Control touch screen, the pump throws an Alarm Power Out/Off F90052 and fails to start.
The settings in the Intellecenter are: Pump Type: Pentair VSF - All other settings are default
I have cut the power at the circuit breakers, waited at least a full minute, and restarted the system. No change.
I have not yet pulled open the board again and checked the power with a multimeter.

Problem #2:
I have been able to connect the Intellecenter to my network and connect using the iPhone app. The antenna is mounted on the back wall successfully hits the pentair access point plugged into the router. I have reserved an IP Address on the router.
I have downloaded Screenlogic for Windows from here: Screenlogic® Remote Pool Monitoring Software
...but I've not been able to connect it to the system.
The upgrade kit had the antenna and access point, but did not have the separate protocol adapter that I've seen connect between the access point and the router. It does not appear that this is an item I can buy separately.

fortunately, the pool is still cold, but I need to fix this soon as the pump is not running.

Intellicenter does not use the Protocol Adapter or the Screenlogic app.

IntelliCenter uses the IntelliCenter2 app and website.

What devices connect the IntelliCenter to your home network?

Does the Test Network Connection say you are connected to the Internet?

On your pump did you verify you have 240V across L1 and L2 at the pump?

It sounds like your pump CB has one dead leg.

The upgrade kit came with two pieces to connect it to the app. The egg shaped antenna and the receiver kinda shaped like a flattened nuclear cooling tower. The receiver is connected to the router and has successfully connected to the internet. I can also connect to it with the iPhone app.

The upgrade kit came with two pieces to connect it to the app. The egg shaped antenna and the receiver kinda shaped like a flattened nuclear cooling tower. The receiver is connected to the router and has successfully connected to the internet. I can also connect to it with the iPhone app.
Can you connect to the IntelliCenter panel both local and remote?

Scott,

Did you wire the Antenna to the IntelliCenter Ethernet port or did you wire it to the RS-485 port like you had ScreenLogic wired???

Does your IntelliFlo pump get constant AC power or is it wired to the load side of the Pump/Filter relay??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Scott,

Did you wire the Antenna to the IntelliCenter Ethernet port or did you wire it to the RS-485 port like you had ScreenLogic wired???

Does your IntelliFlo pump get constant AC power or is it wired to the load side of the Pump/Filter relay??

Thanks,

Jim R.
I didn't have a ScreenLogic, but I did connect the IntelleCenter to the Ethernet port of the new circuit board.

I will have to pull my multimeter and check the power to the pump. Since I hadn't changed any of the wiring, I was hoping that the circuit board had not changed anything on the pump side, but it sounds like I might not be so lucky.

Scott,

Changing the card should not have changed any relay wiring.. But here is a quick test...

Go into the Service mode, wait a couple of minutes, and then check your IntelliFlo pump and confirm the display is on. If the pump has power in the Service mode, then the pump/filter relay is wired correctly.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It connects locally only.
Did you successfully do Add New Account from the outdoor panel?

Did you then Login to Existing Account on the panel?

1703004274762-png.545172

No, these instructions appear to want to connect to an existing account, but I have not found the instructions on how to set up a new account. It also seems that www.intellicenter.com is no longer a valid site.
See post #12.

You need to Add New Account using the outdoor panel.

The site is now intellicenter2.com

Ok, everything is now working, so here is the summary in case someone else found this thread:

1. I took the lid off of the pump and tested the power when activated. It was perfect at 240v and the pump kicked on without an issue. My best guess is that turning off the breaker for two hours while working on other items got the pump to fully reset. It is now working without issue.

2. I was able to create the account on the panel and connect to the pool at www.intellicenter2.com. I used this integration through HACS and the pool now shows in Home Assistant. (Edit: here is the link GitHub - jlvaillant/intellicenter: Home Assistant Integration for Pentair Intellicenter

Thanks to everyone for their help and advice!

Reactions: MyAZPool