EK Place

Aug 14, 2022
Raleigh, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
@PoolStored Can you suggest which type of disposable hairnet to use? I see non-woven fabric and several other types and styles. Having never used a hairnet for anything, I don’t know which would be comparable to a skimmer sock. I see evidence of beginning white water mold , so think disposable skimmer socks will help. Thanks for this tip!

Moved from here.

Reactions: kul
A skimmer sock is more like a thin foot sock fabric that stretches across the top of the skimmer and sits inside it. You dump it out and rinse it out for re-use.
A hairnet has become popular for use in skimmer baskets because you can toss the entire thing and just put a new hairnet in the basket.
This would work- Amazon.com

A skimmer sock is more like a thin foot sock fabric that stretches across the top of the skimmer and sits inside it. You dump it out and rinse it out for re-use.
A hairnet has become popular for use in skimmer baskets because you can toss the entire thing and just put a new hairnet in the basket.
This would work- Amazon.com
That's what we use. I switch them out about once a week (more often during pollen season, way less in the winter) and a pack of 100 lasts about 2 years. Best bang for the buck of all our pool maintenance purchases.

Thanks so much. I have ordered hairnets. I have been washing out skimmer socks every day. Living in a wooded area, pollen, bugs and other debris from trees collects quickly. Now I am dealing with some white water mold so using a new sock daily will be great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.