Southern NH
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Just had my pool closed today had perfect glass water all year. After they finished I looked at the water and it was cloudy and slightly frothy when I ran a net through. Asked them what they did and said they put in Algaecide and shock. Really didn't want them to add anything but is that normal for those types of product? They didn't even ask my pool size.

It would help to know the exact ingredients to be sure, but not surprising you saw some questionable effects. No one will understand your water chemistry and care for your pool better than you - or perhaps another TFP member. Ha. Even though your system is shut down now, it should subside soon.

Pros here and chime in.

I swear I read somewhere or saw. If u add poly to a pool and then say add liquid chlorine (shock) doesn’t one attack the other to break it down and cause cloudiness? I swear I have seen this happen and then was told that was the case and/or read about it.

So you should use one or the other in winter only? I can be wrong here but I would bet money on it I think. Lol

I need to get my cover on asap... Looking at slightly cloudy water makes me so sad. Why did they do that :(

I need to get my cover on asap..
Go ahead. Whatever chemical reaction was created by the techs who closed your pool will eventually subside. Your water is plenty cold now for closing. Open as early as you can next spring and pick-up where you left off. Enjoy a break from pool care and be safe.

Reactions: jimim and Newdude
I need to get my cover on asap... Looking at slightly cloudy water makes me so sad. Why did they do that :(
If it is true what I said it doesn’t matter it will clear up. Something about using one or the other. If u use both one gets eaten up so you are wasting money pretty much but it doesn’t hurt anything. If that is the case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.