Hack for filter re assembly.

Jun 11, 2013
Sun Valley, California
I found reass'y of filter elements to be rather frustrating like a chines puzzle. So to simplify this in the future I marked the spots where the vertical pipes rest on the bottom frame with an indelible marker. This made it easier on the next cleaning job, but the marker faded considerably. So I desided to drill little holes in the frame to mark the spots. See picture.POOL.JPG

It can be a bit intimidating until one realizes there is only one grid that is unique, the first one. Getting them all to seat properly as you tighten the manifold down takes patience but after a couple of times it's easy. I'm confident there is money to be made doing this as a service for DE filter owners who refuse to DIY.

It can be a bit intimidating until one realizes there is only one grid that is unique, the first one. Getting them all to seat properly as you tighten the manifold down takes patience but after a couple of times it's easy. I'm confident there is money to be made doing this as a service for DE filter owners who refuse to DIY.
Thanks for your reply. You have a nice looking property.

Reactions: Oly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.