Palm Springs, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My pool size is about 25,000 gals. I have a Pentair Filter housing CCP320. I USED to have a CCP420, but it cracked and the pool servicer replaced it with the 320.
it seems my water was better wit the 420, so can I get a new lid that taller and the filter rack for 420 sized filters ? Would that work to convert to a 420?

it seems my water was better wit the 420,
It's a placebo effect. The 420 can go approximately 33% longer between cleanings. Nothing more, nothing less.

Maybe this season is breezier than it was previously, or trees/shrubs grew and puts off more pollen(etc). But going larger won't affect the water clarity.

Reactions: PoolStored
I was thinking the same thing...the filter media will be the same (provided the same brand filters are used) so I wouldn't expect any changes in filtration results other than more time between cleanings.
When I visited a pool equipment supplier the other day we discussed filters a bit and he mentioned that typically when the upper portion gets damaged the whole filter needs to be replaced. I was told that often times replacing just the top portion wouldn't work as the fit wouldn't be right. As the filter is used for years the top and bottom portions may grow together as they're constantly under pressure. I can't validate this statement but the guy wasn't trying to sell me anything.

Unless the filter has air in it, the whole cart is submerged and pulling equally per my sample size of *1* and evenly coated carts over 12 years.
I can't validate this statement but the guy wasn't trying to sell me anything.
Hey. Not everyone can be @1poolman1. Alot of these folks don't know their rumps from their elbows and they need to reach the latter deep in the former to pull out an explanation.

Unless the filter has air in it, the whole cart is submerged and pulling equally per my sample size of *1* and evenly coated carts over 12 years.

Hey. Not everyone can be @1poolman1. Alot of these folks don't know their rumps from their elbows and they need to reach the latter deep in the former to pull out an explanation.
Agreed. If this info came from a random pool store I would have dismissed it. This came from a reputable equipment supplier (not a pool store) who I've seen suggested on this site several times. I think it's not outside the realm of possibility that the parts could grow slightly where they meet at the metal strap. If the metal strap is not installed as tightly as should be done this could also lend the possibility of the diameter growing a bit. It may not take much change to cause difficulty with sealing a new top to an old bottom.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.