Gunk...

Aaaaannnnddddd...take 5 or maybe 6. 😂
Thinking too much water pressure causing the hose clamps to eventually blow off the return. I got about 30-45 minutes out of the last run.
I think with a ball valve controlling pressure to slightly close might help but of course that valve would be on the skimmer side not on the return side. 🧐🤔

Attachments

• IMG_9218.jpeg
    IMG_9218.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9219.jpeg
    IMG_9219.jpeg
    491.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9212.jpeg
    IMG_9212.jpeg
    833.5 KB · Views: 1
Aaaaannnnddddd...take 5 or maybe 6. 😂
Thinking too much water pressure causing the hose clamps to eventually blow off the return. I got about 30-45 minutes out of the last run.
I think with a ball valve controlling pressure to slightly close might help but of course that valve would be on the skimmer side not on the return side. 🧐🤔
You would want a ball valve on the return line that you could slightly close to control the pressure- not the skimmer- that would starve your pump.
You can have a valve under the skimmer too but not for this purpose.
Tip- multiple hose clamps - yes, always👍🏻
Also try wrapping the barbed fitting with teflon tape before putting the hose on to get a tighter grip/fit.
You can also poke/drill some holes in the hose or your fitting to reduce the pressure - i know it sounds counter intuitive but they were made that way before, they had these swivel type fittings that let water out.
I have valves on each return- 1 was for the intex & 1 is for my sprinkler/fountain.

Reactions: Tnt17tnt
Hi again everyone. Especially thanks to

PoolStored

Mdragger88

For the help and

Newdude for his support and​

ajw22 for the initial welcome and link​

Officially closed up and covered and also leaf net over the cover for the next 4-6 weeks and then will
Remove and leave cover only.
See you all in the spring at opening. I will check in and read other posts in the meantime.
Thanks again. 👍🏻

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Hi again everyone. Especially thanks to

PoolStored

Mdragger88

For the help and

Newdude for his support and​

ajw22 for the initial welcome and link​

Officially closed up and covered and also leaf net over the cover for the next 4-6 weeks and then will
Remove and leave cover only.
See you all in the spring at opening. I will check in and read other posts in the meantime.
Thanks again. 👍🏻

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
I dump my leaf net then put it back on - this way I don’t have to try to figure out when more stuff will fall from the sky lol 😂

Reactions: Tnt17tnt
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.