Gunite poured 3 days ago, small crack in deep end wall

skr1988

Dec 9, 2023
Keller, Texas
Good evening all,
We are in the process of having a pool built in the backyard. This past Thursday we had gunite poured. We've been watering it as advised by the builder. On Friday (1 day after pour) I noticed a long thin crack in the deep end where the bottom begins to curve up the wall.
I brought it to my builders attention and he stated it was a shrinkage crack that they would continue to monitor. Is this a serious concern?
I admittedly have no idea how significant something like this is or isn't, I've never had a pool built before or any prior experience with pool building. I was hoping for some guidance on whether this is acceptable, an issue, or what avenues I have to get this corrected if necessary.
Thank you for your assistance!

Attachments

• Pool 1.jpg
    Pool 1.jpg
    785.6 KB · Views: 72
Hi and welcome to TFP! It IS very normal for some small cracks to form. So long as they are not thicker than a dime it is all good. I would also love to see a pic of the steel before the shell what shot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.