San Antonio Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
This is my second year having the pool up, we didn't get it up till pretty late last summer. I had to empty it after the winter because my cover ripped and the pool was so full of Live oak tassels and algae, plus I had to re-level after several of the boards under the legs split.

I'm losing about 2 chlorine during the day and I have passed OCLT on multiple nights, is that pretty normal? I have struggled with the CYA test but today I'm pretty confident in my results of 50 CYA. The Cya I used was left over from last year so I'm guessing that it had gone bad. I bought some new this morning and we are getting ready to head into some 100+ days here in San Antonio, the app says to add 12 oz to get it back to 70, should I raise it to 80 cya with the temps going so high? Should I be running the SWG during the day instead of overnight?

I'm also struggling to keep my TA down it keeps creeping up on me. Is that normal?
thanks
my test results this morning

FC 8.0
cc 0
PH 7.5
TA 90
CYA 50
temp 85

I'm losing about 2 chlorine during the day
That's fine in a 24 hr period. Depending on your CYA level it could be as high as 4. Passing the OCLT as you did was key.

Yes, take the CYA up to 70. In Jul and Aug I'll even go to 80. No shade and crazy hot.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thank you so much! I'm relieved to hear the loss of 2 is normal. I've got 12oz of Cya in a sock hanging from my skimmer right now.

Should I be worried about the TA or is it normal for it to creep up like that?

So glad I found this site before I got poolstored 😆

Are you losing 2ppm with the swg on ?
If so & no overnight loss + clear water you need to turn it up along with increasing cya.
Make sure you follow the
FC/CYA Levels
Average fc consumption in an algae free residential pool is anywhere from 1-5ppm/day depending upon conditions.

Dry cya doesn’t go bad/get old really unless it gets wet.
As tex mentioned your fill water is likely adding ta , nothing to worry about unless it gets below 50. Just keep managing ph.
You’re doing great 👍🏻
Go swimming 🤗

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.