Ground cover needed

Jun 23, 2012
Farmington wv
’m getting ready to set my pool up today or tomorrow. I had an intex 16 foot that we set up every year for the past 6 years. This year we bought a new one and would like to get it perfect and maybe leave it up all winter. I’m going to go with the pavers under each leg this year I think to pervent the legs from sinking. Is plastic and a tarp good for ground cover or do I need something else?

Moved from here.

Last edited:
I used Pink foam boards taped together with Gorilla tape. So far up 3 years and counting. I found the foam provided a little softer feel without being "mushy".
Dirt > Sand (final leveling) > Tarp that came with Pool > Pink foam boards

I used Pink foam boards taped together with Gorilla tape. So far up 3 years and counting. I found the foam provided a little softer feel without being "mushy".
Dirt > Sand (final leveling) > Tarp that came with Pool > Pink foam boardsDid
Dirt > Sand (final leveling) > Tarp that came with Pool > Pink foam boards
Did you do pavers under the legs? I’m thinking pavers under each leg level with ground and then the tarp. If I would go with the foam board you just put it under the liner and not the legs correct? How thick of foam did you use?

Under each leg is 2 inches of pea gravel (I think stone dust might be a better choice) and (2) 16x16x1.75 pavers stacked on one another (I found 16x16x4 too late in the game). The pavers are level to the pink foam boards which are 3/4" thick. I came out the same width/length as the pavers as there tends to be a lot of splashing and I was trying to minimize the amount of water eroding under the pool/pavers/

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.